April 2016 Minutes.

Minutes of the meeting of Hollingbourne Parish Council held on Monday 11th April 2016, in the Cardwell Pavilion, Hollingbourne, commencing at 7.30 pm.

Present:           Mr M Bedwell (Chairman), Mr A Ward, Mr J Cobbett, Dr S Bauer, Mr D Ardley, Mr A Bennett, Mrs A Bennett, Mr P Waite and Mr M Gray

In attendance:             Mr Patrik Garten, Prospective Conservative Candidate for the MBC North Downs Ward and

Mrs V. Smith – Parish Clerk.

1.  Apologies for absence:  None received.

2.  Declarations and Requests

Declaration of Changes to the Register of Interests – none; Declaration of Interest in items on the Agenda – Cllr M Bedwell is a neighbour of Mr L Vallins who has submitted planning application for 2 Pond Cottages; Requests for Dispensations – none

3.  Approval of minutes of last meeting (circulated prior to meeting)

It was resolved that the minutes were a true and accurate record of the meeting.

4.  Matters Arising (not covered elsewhere on the agenda)

5.c.    The Clerk will contact Cllr Mrs J Whittle regarding her response to the potentially dangerous metal fence, along Hospital Road.  Action:  The Clerk

6.e.    The Parish Councillors have received an email a villager, who has served as a Police Officer, regarding the positioning of the long term cherry-picker vehicle outside the Pavings.  The Clerk will contact Mr Charlie Reynolds of Parking Services at the Maidstone BC and the local PCSO’s for their comments and possibly action.  Action:  The Clerk

8.a.    The Parish Councillors agreed that  vehicle speed in the village should be limited to twenty miles an hour.  The Clerk will contact Cllr Mrs J Whittle to find out if this is possible.  Action:  The Clerk

10.a.  The Clerk will contact Ms Mel Lawlee, who has informed Cllr M Bedwell that she would like to open her after-school club at the Cardwell Pavilion, in order to find out when the club will commence.  Action:  the Clerk

11.g.  Cllr A Bennett has hand delivered a letter to the residents in Culpeper Close, who have erected a high fence around their property requesting that they contact the Clerk or himself.  The letter explains that the fence should not be higher than one metre without planning permission.

5.  Chairman’s Report.

a.    The Quad Bike Club were back on Sunday 10th April 2016 on the field alongside Greenway Court Road.  The Parish Council understood that there was an MBC enforcement order on the club restricting their activities and that the owner had been asked to remove the ‘bumps’ on the course.  Cllr A Bennett will get back in contact with Mr Alan Howell, Enforcement, Maidstone BC to find out why nothing has been done despite many complaints about the noise and traffic from local residents.  Action:  Cllr A Bennett.

b.    Cllr Mrs A Bennett had attended Mr Jim Henderson’s funeral who had been a resident of the village and whose widow is a former Parish Clerk.

c.    Cllr M Bedwell felt that the Parish Assembly will be very good  this year providing the length of the speeches is limited.

6.  Crime Report –PCSO Ryan Waring / PCSO Dave Rowley

a.     Due to a recent increased amount of activity in rural areas surrounding Hollingbourne, the PCSO’s are putting together a horse security event at a date to be announced.

b.    The Hollingbourne crime figures 11th March – 9th April 2016.  Two crime reports were created this month being both on the 12th March – theft – A20, and 14th March – burglary other than dwelling – Church Green.  There were no cases of anti-social behaviour reported.

c.     In comparison with last year, when there were five crime reports created – 16th March – burglary other than dwelling – Manor Lane x 2 and 20th, 22nd and 28th March 2015 – burglaries other than dwelling – Pilgrims Way.   There were three cases of anti-social behaviour reported – 17th March 2015 – nuisance vehicle – Hospital Road, and 22nd March and 5th April – nuisance vehicles – Greenway Court Road.

d.    The Local Police contact details are:  PCSO Ryan Waring (07969 584213 or 58782@kent.pnn.police.uk ) and PCSO Dave Rowley (07772 226097 or 57611@kent.pnn.police.uk )

7.         Clerk’s Report  –

a.     The Queen’s 90th Birthday Beacon lighting will take place at the school, Thursday, 21st April 2016, from 7.45 pm.

8.    County Councillor’s Report – Cllr Mrs J Whittle – none to report.

9.    Borough Councillor’s Report – Cllr Mrs D Parvin – none to report.

10.       Planning Report – Cllr Mr A Bennett   

a.    16/502345/TCA – Six Bells, Upper Street, Hollingbourne

Proposal:  Conservation area notification to 1 x yew tree – prune back and shape to match owners side of the tree.  Decision:  Do not wish to oppose.

b.    16/502094/LAWPRO – 2 Pond Cottages, Greenway Court Road, Hollingbourne

Proposal:  An application for a certificate of lawful development for a proposed development being rear infill extension and conversion of existing outhouse into WC.

Decision:  All Parish Councillors able to vote (see item 2), agreed ‘do not wish to oppose’.

c.     16/502047/FULL – Mantles Farmhouse, Firs Lane, Hollingbourne

Proposal:  Erection of two storey side extension to existing detached garage.

Decision:  Do not wish to oppose.

f.     15/503232/FULL – 21 Eyhorne Street, Hollingbourne, ME17 1TR

This application has not yet gone to the Planning Committee.  Previously it had been recognised by the MBC Planning Department that this planning application has not been dealt with properly as full information had not been given to the owners of neighbouring properties.  Mr Foad of 23 Eyhorne Street has grave concerns over the proposed height of the floors of 21 Eyhorne Street.  The plans show that the ground floor is three metres and the first floor, 2.3 metres.  At present the ground floor is two metres high, and so the property would have to be demolished to accommodate the proposed floor heights.

g.    15/503288/OUT – Land at Woodcut Farm, Ashford Road, Hollingbourne

Cllr P Waite reported that the developers of the above planning application, Roxhill, have submitted changes to their proposals, which also include changes to the height of the buildings.  The application is scheduled to go to the MBC Planning Committee, and the Parish Council hopes that it is carefully examined by the Committee Members with consideration of the view of the local residents.  Cllr P Waite is keeping a close eye on the matter.

h.    15/507860/FULL – 103 Eyhorne Street, Eyhorne Street, Hollingbourne

Cllr A Ward advised that the residents of the above property had won their appeal to erect a detached 3-bedroom dwelling, with insertion of balcony and erection of a detached garage to rear of property.

          

11.      Possible Development between Godfrey House and Claygate

The developer is interested in building the ten possible dwellings between Godfrey House and Claygate wants to come and speak to the Parish Council.  The developer will be invited to our June Parish meeting.

12.       Maidstone BC Draft Local Plan – Cllr J Cobbett  

a.  Over six hundred people have filed comments online regarding the Draft Local Plan, as well as the Parish Council’s.  Cllr David Burton, Chairman of Maidstone BC {Planning and Sustainability Committee will be considering the Draft Local Plan on Monday, 18th April 2016, 6.30 pm at the Town Hall, Maidstone.  Cllr A Bennett wishes to attend.

b.  Mrs Helen Whately MP has written to the Parish Council regarding her views of the Draft Local Plan and these have been published on the village website.

 

13.       Parish Assembly 2016 – Cllrs Mr & Mrs A Bennett

a.  The Parish Assembly is going to be held on Tuesday, 12th April 2016.  To date the Parish Council had been informed that nearly sixty guests will be attending.  Cllr P Waite wondered whether the Councillors should wear name badges, and the Clerk will purchase these for the event.

b.  Cllr Mrs A Bennett volunteered to provide any first aid assistance at the event, as she is qualified in these matters.  Various items were discussed in preparation of the event, and the Parish Councillors were informed that the village hall would be open at 6.30 pm, and their help and assistance at this time in setting up the event would be very much appreciated.

14.       Environmental Report – Cllr Dr S Bauer

a.    Cllr Dr S Bauer reported that an extensive litter / rubbish collection has occurred at the Ashford Road opening of the village.

b.    Cllr A Ward was happy to advise that the March 2016 playground report is satisfactory.  Cllr P Waite pointed out that various grants were becoming available for projects such as the playground.  The association Action with Communities in Rural England provide funding via neighbourhood helpers.  Tesco are also opening their ‘Bags of Help’ grant section.

c.     Cllr Mrs A Bennett reported that the residents of Tanyard Cottage had contacted Southern Water about the surface water from the manhole cover outside their property as it was flooding their front garden.

d.    Cllr J Cobbett mentioned that he is waiting for a date from BT Outreach for an exchange to be installed on the Tanyard Green in preparation of the improvements of the broadband in the village.  In addition, next year broadband upgrades should take place for the top of Hollingbourne Hill and Broad Street.

e.     The Clerk will pursue Cllr Mrs J Whittle to gain an update regarding the safety of the children using the bus-stops along the Ashford Road.  Action:  The Clerk

15.       Parks Report (Millennium Green) – Cllr A Ward – Nothing to report.

16.       Station Approach Recycling Area –

With regards to the recycling site at the entrance of the Station Approach the Clerk will write to the Maidstone BC, enclosing a copy of their previous letter to the Parish Council, regarding maintenance of the area.  Action:  The Clerk

17.       Sewerage Inspection Report for the village update – Cllr J Cobbett

Southern Water has been requested to contact the owners of the garden containing the manhole in Hasteds, when they need to gain access to the sewerage pipes instead of turning up unannounced at any time of the day or night.

18.       Fête Report – Cllr D Ardley

a.  The next meeting for the Fete will be on the Monday 18th April 2016, 8pm in the Dirty Habit.

b.  There is a gap in the fete program at the moment.  Cllr D Ardley has contacted Ms Holly Brown of Sunset Productions who performed last year. She has indicated that she would be interested in attending the Fete but her dancers require payment and the Parish Council would prefer not to pay for performers.  A stall bookings report has been received by Jean Duffy, and it is looking positive.  Sir David Steel, Chief Executive of the Leeds Castle will open the Fete and judge the Best Stall Competition while James Tosh or his nominee from Templeuve-en-Pévèle will present any other awards.

 19.      Off-Road Motorcyclists and Quad Bikes – Please see Chairman’s Report, item 5.a.

 20.      Twinning with Templeuve-en-Pévèle – Cllr J Cobbett

a.  The next Twinning Committee meeting will take place on Thursday, 14th April 2016.

b.  The Veterans’ Football Tournament in Templeuve-en-Pévèle will be held on the 7th May 2016.

21.                  Financial Report  –

a.  The cheques at the meeting were authorised, and there is £29,893.77 in the bank.

b.  The 2015/16 Parish Council Accounts will be available for inspection during May and appropriate notices   will be published around the village.

 22.      Street Lighting

a.  Cllr J Cobbett is in the process of pursing quotations from different suppliers for the upgrade to the village lamp posts and lanterns.

 

Date of next meeting: Monday 9th May 2016, 7.30 pm, Cardwell Pavilion, Hollingbourne