The existing County Councillor, Mrs Jenny Whittle, is not standing for reelection for Maidstone Rural East which includes Hollingbourne. As and when the candidates are put forward it is intended to ask them to write an item about their intentions for Hollingbourne on this website.
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Kent County Council
Election of County Councillors
for the Electoral Divisions listed below
|Electoral Divisions||Number of County Councillors to be elected||Electoral Divisions||Number of County Councillors to be elected|
|Maidstone Central||Two||Maidstone Rural South||One|
|Maidstone North East||One||Maidstone Rural West||One|
|Maidstone Rural East||One||Maidstone South||One|
|Maidstone Rural North||One||Maidstone South East||One|
- Nomination papers may be obtained from the Deputy Returning Officer, Maidstone House, King Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6JQ on any weekday (excluding bank holidays) between 10am and 4pm, who will, at the request of an elector prepare a nomination paper for signature.
- Nomination papers must be delivered to the Deputy Returning Officer, Maidstone House, King Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6JQ on any weekday (excluding bank holidays) from the date of this notice, between 10am and 4pm but not later than 4 pm on Tuesday, 4th April 2017.
- If the election is contested then a poll will take place on Thursday, 4th May 2017.
- Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Thursday 13 April. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
- Electors and their proxies should take note that applications to vote by post must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5 pm on Tuesday, 18th April 2017 if they are to be effective for this election. This includes electors or their proxies who wish to make alterations to their existing arrangements on a permanent basis or who wish to make a separate application for their ballot paper to be sent to a different address for this particular election.
- New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5 pm on Tuesday, 25th April 2017.Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of unforeseen physical incapacity or for unforeseen work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5 pm on Thursday, 4th May 2017. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5 pm on Tuesday, 25th April 2017. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5 pm on Tuesday, 25th April 2017.
- All applications and notices regarding absent voting must be sent to the Electoral Registration Officer, Maidstone House, King Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6JQ.
- For further information on any matter covered by this notice please telephone the Electoral Services Helpline on 01622 602007.