The Parochial Church Council of All Saints’ Hollingbourne has supplied the following unapproved minutes for the Hollingbourne website. Future meetings will be reported on the website in due course. Details of the latest Quinquennial Report on the fabric of All Saints’ Church that has been prepared by an architect for the Parochial Church Council appears in the Leeds and Hollingbourne Benefice section of Site Pages where details of forthcoming church services may be found.
Minutes for Hollingbourne Parochial Church Council Meeting on Thursday, 30th March, 2017, at 7.30 p.m. at Penn Court.
Chairman Jim Findlay
Present Pauline Stubbs, Derek Bilbrough, Paula Bilbrough, John Cobbett, Gill Brown, Natalie Williams, Sue King and Phil Smith.
- Prayers and Welcome
- Derek opened with a prayer and Jim F thanked Liz for coming, Pauline was thanked for being the host and welcomed everyone.
- Apologies for Absence
- Valerie Lurcock, Peter Lurcock, Shula Lee and Steve Hughes
- Minutes of the Meeting on 26th January, 2017.
- Signed as a true record.
- Matters arising from these Minutes, not on current Agenda
- Ministry and Mission
- 30th April will be the next Benefice Service at Boxley for 10:30am
- Hollingbourne to host the next service in July
- Pauline and Alex had a successful Mothering Sunday with the presence of children
- Mr Baldock who is the Head Teacher for Hollingbourne Primary School will be retiring and the PCC want to mark the occasion in some way. It was agreed to liaise with the school as to how best to achieve this.
- a) Prayer Group
- Continuing to be held at Penn Court, however the next meeting is to be held at Brian’s house, all are welcome
- b) Weddings
- There are to be 5 weddings this year and 2 for next year
- c) Christening
- On 14th The child, who is Shula’s Niece, and the baptism will be part of a Eucharist Service.
- Appointing new staff
- A possible candidate as missioner has been selected for interview
- A re-advertisement will go out for a new priest
- Possible union of our church with Hucking.
- Discussions are ongoing
- Annual Report
- Phil S and Val L were thanked for all their hard work by Jim F
- Liz went through the report suggesting a few amendments be made. Jim and Phil signed the accounts in view of these amendments
- Treasurer’s Report
- Balances end February: Current A/C £14,270; Manwell Bequest £60,318; CBF General £2,182; Fabric £2811; Culpeper £651; Bells £7,274.
- Significant Receipts: Almost all the magazine advertising revenue has been collected, in total slightly ahead of 2016. The loss of the Parish Council revenue has been offset by the Hook & Hatchet. Over £1000 gross has already been received this year for two weddings and a burial of ashes.
- Significant Payments: The annual maintenance of the church clock was £198. The annual insurance with Trinitas was £2083, 3% higher than last year, but still 27% less than the last Ecclesiastical charge in 2015.
- A letter was finally received from Julian Hills, the Diocesan Secretary, copying in the Finance Director, referencing our complaint about the increases in Parish Share, particularly considering the renting of the Vicarage over 18 months. The letter was a wordy and unconvincing reply to the comments, and gave us little cause for hope that the annual increases will decrease.
- a) Vestry roof
- Work could begin as early as 3 months time!
- Unanimous vote in favour of this work taking place
- Culpeper Tapestry
- Discussions ongoing
- Carol was praised for her content and layout
- Successful Mothering Sunday service with children in attendance
- Currently working towards the Summer Fete – stall ideas requested
- Jim F thanked her team for all their hard work
- Correspondence received.
- Pilgrims Way walk in Thurnham might need to be postponed
- Clothes etc that are to be donated for the Syria and Iraq crisis through the Samara charity, can be left in Hollingbourne Church during May
- APCM 23rd April.
- Derek and Paula to continue as Deanery Synod representatives
- There are currently 56 on the electoral roll
- Jim F to talk to Shula L about inviting new arrivals to the village into Hollingbourne Church
Matters subject to restricted access.
- 6, 7, 10 and 11
- Any Other Business
- Paula B raised concerns that the stair carpet leading to the Jones’s Room was very lose
- Priests have been arranged for May’s services
- Date and time of next meetings.
- To be decided after the APCM which is being held after the church service on the 23rd April