The Parochial Church Council of All Saints’ Hollingbourne has supplied the following unapproved minutes for the Hollingbourne website. Future meetings will be reported on the website in due course.
MINUTES for Hollingbourne Parochial Church Council Meeting on Monday 14th January, 2019, at 6.30 p.m. at THE CHURCH
Chairman Revd. Paul Kite
• Present Jo Horton, Natalie Williams, Valerie Lurcock, Peter Lurcock, , Gill Brown, Hugh Fox, David Silsbey and Phil Smith
1. Prayers and Welcome
• Revd Paul Kite welcomed everyone and opened with a prayer,
2. Apologies for Absence
• Jim Findley and John Cobbett
3. Notification of AOB
4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 22nd November 2018
• Amendments made and re-circulated
5. Matters arising not covered on Agenda
6. Ministry & Mission
7. Treasurer’s Report
• Balances end 2018: Current A/C £34,879; Manwell Bequest £61,290; CBF General £2,182; Fabric £2,834; Culpeper £656; Bells £3,208; CofE Investment Fund £14,875.
• Significant Receipts: A very successful Xmas Fair resulted in a total of £760, and sales of this year’s All Saints Xmas cards produced another £307. Further, the church received £303 donation from the collection at Alan Bennett’s funeral. Collections of £313 at Christingle was donated directly to the Childrens Society, and a nominated Carol Concert collection of £436 was donated to Maidstone Homeless Care. Pauline Stubbs also nominated that a collection of £185 on her behalf be given to a charity of her choice.
• Significant Payments: December was very much a month of giving. In addition to the donations above, the PCC donated a further £600 equally shared to Maidstone Homeless Care, Crisis at Christmas, and Oxfam Syria Appeal. Payment of £452 to Canterbury DBF for fees (Aug-Dec).
• Further discussion in December of the 2019 Parish Share led to each parish being allocated a share based purely on Parish Potential, which resulted in Hollingbourne being allocated £18,016, compared with £23,889 in 2018 (about £5.9k or 25% less). This becomes the new baseline, but some parishes will struggle to maintain payments, and each parish has been asked to review its ability to help out others in the North Downs Benefice.
• In 2018, payments exceeded receipts and transfers to investment by £8.9k, of which £6.5k is accounted for by spend on the vestry roof.
• Phil thanked Val L and others for their efforts at the Christmas Market
8. Fabric Report
• Peter L – Nothing to report
• David – Windows are scheduled to be repaired in July and the work is likely to last two weeks
• Jo H – Letter from Rex Andrew, Church Commissioner for information regarding Mission and Pastoral measures, 2011 parishes of Detling and Thurnham, regarding the pastoral proposal for the unison of the parish of Detling and Thurnam has been received
• Arts Society (formerly NADFAS )– The Church recording group of this society has recorded the contents of All Saints Church over a number of years. The Society would like to present the record to the Church on the 17th March 2019 at the 9.30 service. This email is to be circulated to the PCC
11. Vicar’s Report
• Parish share was discussed
• Val L – Nothing to report
• A replacement for Val as safeguarding officer needs to be found.
o The position involves conducting DBS checks etc and working with the Vicar
o Being the main contact for personal matters and matters that apply to others
13. Date for APCM and Electoral Roll
• APCM to be held on Sunday 28th April at 11am after the morning service at Hollingbourne Church
• New Electoral Roll forms need to be completed this time round
• All reports for the APCM need to be with Val L ASAP
14. Any Other Business
15. Matters Subject to Restricted Access
16. Dates of meetings for 2018
• Wednesday 20th March, 6:30pm at the Church