Report of All Saints’ Hollingbourne Parochial Church Council

The Parochial Church Council of All Saints’ Hollingbourne has supplied the following unapproved minutes for the Hollingbourne website. Future meetings will be reported on the website in due course. Details of the latest Quinquennial Report on the fabric of All Saints’ Church that has been prepared by an architect for the Parochial Church Council appears in the Leeds and Hollingbourne Benefice section of Site Pages where details of forthcoming church services may be found.

MINUTES for Hollingbourne Parochial Church Council Meeting on Thursday, 28th September, 2017, at 7.30 p.m. at THE VICARAGE

Chairman Jim Findlay
Present Revd. Paul Kite, Pauline Stubbs, Derek Bilbrough, Paula Bilbrough, John Cobbett, Gill Brown, Natalie Williams, Valerie Lurcock, David Silsbey, Peter Lurcock and Shula Lee

1. Prayers and Welcome
• Revd Paul Kite opened with a prayer and welcomed everyone. Jim Findlay introduced Revd Paul Kite to the committee and thanked him for hosting the meeting.
2. Apologies for Absence
• Sue King and Phil Smith
3. Minutes of the Meeting on 6th July, 2017.
• Amendments made

4. Matters arising from these Minutes, not on current Agenda
• Ralph Baldock sent a letter of thanks for his retirement gifts

5. Ministry and Mission

a) Prayer Group
• Continues to meet twice a month and continues to work well as it is joined with Leeds

b) Weddings
• There is to be a wedding this Saturday (30th September) and one the following Saturday (7th October)
• There are 3 booked for next year

c) Christenings
• One is booked for Sunday 5th November during the 11am service

d) Services
• The first Sunday was changed to a family Eucharist service some months ago. The pattern of services needs to be kept under review.
• Currently looking to see how the existing service books could be re-vamped. Revd. Paul K is to look into the contents and Derek B will circulate what Leeds are thinking of doing

 

6. Safeguarding.
• The discussion is ongoing

7. Possible union of our church with Hucking.
• David Silsbey has been looking into the costing of getting the windows repaired

8. Treasurer’s Report
• Balances end August: Current A/C £29,767; Manwell Bequest £60,478; CBF General £2,182; Fabric £2816; Culpeper £651; Bells £4,974.
• Significant Receipts: The major non-standard item over the last quarter was the receipt of Gift Aid payments totalling £3726. In addition, we received £1199 in respect of two weddings and a funeral (namely for Thatcher, Woodcock, and Nellie Hider). A very successful Summer Barbeque raised £530, not included in the above numbers as banked in September.
• Significant Payments: Payments are low at this time of year. There was £172 for organ servicing and £94 for Fire Inspection in July. However, we continue to pay Textile Conservancy £36 per month for storing the Culpeper Tapestry, so this needs resolution.
• There has been expenditure of £2,260 from the Bells Fund, with reference to the self-winding clock mechanism to be installed.

9. Expenses.
• Revd. Paul K will claim his expenses on a pro rata basis between the parishes

10. Fabric Report

a) Vestry roof
 Insurance company has been informed and the go ahead has been given for the work to begin in October. It is likely to last a few weeks

b) Clock winding machine.
 Has been installed now for about a month. There are a few teething problems regarding the clock keeping time, however this is being looked into

 

11. Culpeper Tapestry
• Discussions are ongoing

12. Website
• Suggestions were made to have a Pilgrims Way website, with separate pages for each church

 

13. Social Report.
• Another successful BBQ, Pauline thanked her team for their efforts and mentioned that they were working towards the Harvest Supper
• The Christmas Market will be held on the 25th November in the village hall

14. Correspondence received.
• The parish share split within the benefice for 2018 was discussed
15. Matters subject to restricted access.
• 6,10, 11,14

16. Any Other Business
• Derek B will continue as ALM in our area once he moves to Dover.
• Discussions to be made about leading the memorial visits to the different churches by the Royal British Legion
• Revd. Paul Kite can be contacted via email on: revkite@btinternet.com
• Jim F is to stand down from being Chairman of the PCC and Revd. Paul K is to take over. Peter L thanked Jim F for chairing these meetings

17. Date and time of next meetings.
• Proposed that the PCC should meet bimonthly on the last Thursday of that month.
• The next meeting will be held on Thursday 30th November for 7:30pm at the Vicarage