The Parochial Church Council of All Saints’ Hollingbourne has supplied the following unapproved minutes for the Hollingbourne website. Future meetings will be reported on the website in due course. Details of the latest Quinquennial Report on the fabric of All Saints’ Church that has been prepared by an architect for the Parochial Church Council appears in the North Downs Benefice se
MINUTES for Hollingbourne Parochial Church Council Meeting on Thursday, 25th January, 2018, at 7.30 p.m. at THE VICARAGE
Chairman Revd. Paul Kite
Present Pauline Stubbs, Phil Smith, Jim Findlay, Derek Bilbrough, Paula Bilbrough, Gill Brown, Natalie Williams, Valerie Lurcock, David Silsbey and Peter Lurcock
1. Prayers and Welcome
• Revd Paul Kite opened with a prayer and welcomed everyone.
2. Apologies for Absence
• Shula Lee, Sue King and John Cobbett
3. Minutes of the Meeting on 6th July, 2017.
• Amendments made as necessary
4. Matters arising from these Minutes, not on current Agenda
• Shula L was thanked for all her support with the Christingle
• The boot scraper has now been purchased and is available for use in the church
5. Ministry and Mission
a) Prayer Group
• Continues – next meeting will be held at Penn Court
b) Wedding deposits
• Two out of the three weddings have now been cancelled and awaiting the deposit for the third.
• It was agreed that a deposit would now be required to secure the date. This was proposed by Jim F and seconded by Peter L. The vote was in unanimous agreement
• On the 21st February there will be a Lent course held by John Corbin
• Ash Wednesday service will be held at Detling for 7pm and will be an Ashing service
• There is to be a Good Friday service and the possibility of a Holy Saturday evening service of light – but this is to be discussed with Derek B
• Easter egg hunt to take place in church
• To consider having a real Easter egg for next year
e) Charitable Giving
• Boxely and Detling to give £350 on top of two weeks collection money to the Cyclone that has affected parts of the Indian Ocean. Hollingbourne is to do the same. This was proposed by Revd Paul K and seconded by Paula B. With unanimous agreement. John C is to advertise this on the Parish website
• Val L thanked everyone for completing their online safeguarding training.
• Discussions are ongoing
8. Vicar’s Report.
• Revd Paul K thanked everyone who attended the Vision Day
• With the key values to be: trusting, caring and sharing – a new vision logo needs o be designed
• Suggested service time changes were discussed
• Church Wardens to be included in the draft calendar to include a pet service during the summer months in Hollingbourne and Detling, followed by a picnic
• Graham will go into Hollingbourne Primary School before Mothering Sunday to invite children to the service in the church
• The proposed new vision day to be held at Hollingbourne by April
• 14th March, Bishop Trevor is to discuss the Parish Share and Julie Hill’s is to speak to the Deanery in the Village Hall
• 1st February for 7:30pm at Holy Cross there is to be a team council meeting
9. Treasurer’s Report
• The draft Annual Accounts for 2017 were presented to the PCC, and were approved in principle.
• The Accounts showed an excess of Receipts over Payments of £20,743 and end of year Bank Current and Deposit Accounts of £60,717.
• The Accounts will now be passed to our independent reviewer, Liz Jordan, for review and agreement before the next meeting in March.
10. Fabric Report
• Tree surgeon is to do some work in the churchyard
a) Vestry roof
• Ongoing discussions, work looking to start in February and likely to last two weeks
b) Culpeper Tapestry
• Discussions are ongoing, nothing to be decided until the roof has been fixed
• Maidstone homeless care charity sent a letter of thanks for the donations from the church
• CCLA letter received
12. Any Other Business
• Peter Young is happy to be added to the list of sidesman
13. Matters subject to restricted access.
• 5d, 6, 7, 8, 10 and 12
14. Date and time of next meetings.
• Thursday 22nd March for 7:30pm at the Vicarage
ction of Site Pages where details of forthcoming church services may be found.