Hollingbourne Village Hall Committee is very concerned about the possible development of 12 houses in Windmill Lane which will be accessed by the narrow privately owned and maintained public footpath (PROW KH199) which runs from the Eyhorne Street Conservation Area to the Village Hall and to Grove Mill Farm. Hollingbourne Parish Council and local residents have also opposed the development and concerns have been raised by Kent Police and by KCC Highways in particular who are worried that the additional traffic caused by the development will be a danger to pedestrians. Although the closing date for objections has now passed the the Village Hall Committee has been advised that Maidstone Borough Council will accept more comments. It is understood that the decision date for the application is 13th April.
The appeal from the Village Hall Committee reads as follows:-
HOLLINGBOURNE VILLAGE HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
Concerns regarding the proposed development off Windmill Lane & opposite the Village Hall
As many of you know Country House Homes Ltd are seeking planning permission under reference 16/508436/FULL for 12 houses in the field opposite the Windmill Car Park with access off Windmill Lane close to the Village Hall. Details can be found on the Maidstone Borough Council website (www.maidstone.gov.uk )
Our committee is opposed to the development for the following reasons:
- Windmill Lane, which is officially designated as only a footpath, is too narrow as it is less than the required 3.7 metres at its narrowest point and there is no separate provision for pedestrians.
- It is impossible to see from either end if there is a car coming the other way with passing virtually impossible if the Windmill car park is full.
- The houses are too close to both the Village Hall & the Windmill PH.
- With insufficient parking in the development, there will be even more pressure on both car parks from Visitors to the Development and Service Vehicles
- During the development it will be impossible to avoid closure of the lane for days at a time.
During the consultation period we have, with advice from a Planning Consultant, strenuously objected to the development and strongly supported John Cobbett in his efforts.
Both our Kent County Councillor, Jenny Whittle and our Borough Councillor, Patrick Garten, have been closely involved & support our views.
Your support in our endeavors would be warmly welcomed.
John Holley, Chairman
PLEASE SEE A COPY OF THE VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE’S LETTER OF OBJECTION SENT TO MAIDSTONE BOROUGH COUNCIL ON THE REVERSE OF THIS NOTICE.
Letters of Objection should be sent to the address below with copies sent to All Members of the Planning Committee (see the MBC website www.maidstone.gov.uk)
ALL LETTERS OF OBJECTION SHOULD BE SENT TO:-
MID KENT PLANNING SUPPORT
MAIDSTONE BOROUGH COUNCIL
MAIDSTONE ME15 6JQ (E-mail:email@example.com )