Kent Together has been set up to help with*:
- Making sure I have enough food and other general supplies to cover a few days
- Picking up a prescription
- Phoning, Skyping or Facetiming me to see a friendly face
- Making sure I have some simple recipes to hand
- Preparing meals for the freezer
- Walking my dog
- Putting out the bins
- Taking in a parcel
- Checking if any of my planned appointments have been cancelled before I travel
The Kent Together helpline is being coordinated by Kent County Council, feeding information through to the network of volunteers, district and borough council teams and local support groups. People’s needs will be assessed, and staff will liaise with Community Hubs in the districts to prioritise those who need urgent help. It is helping people get the support they need, when they need it.
Requests can be made online at www.kent.gov.uk/KentTogether or you can call us on 03000 41 92 92 (Text Relay 18001 03000 41 92 92. D/deaf BSL users can text KCC’s Sensory Services team on 07920 154 315 for help making a request).