The Kent Association of Local Councils has forwarded a Brexit Bulletin from Ministry of Housing, Communities, and Local Government to Hollingbourne Parish Council. Please Read More for further information.
Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government
Local Government Brexit Bulletin
Launch of the Brexit Public Information Campaign
|· The Government has launched a new public information campaign, ‘Get Ready for Brexit’, which will run across television, radio, social media, billboards and other platforms. Information can be found at https://www.gov.uk/brexit.
· The campaign sets out what all members of the public and business owners need to know to prepare to leave the EU.
· As October 31 approaches, activity is ramping up for key target audiences with road shows and events. Whether you are a small business owner, haulier or EU citizen residing in the UK the actions you need to take to prepare will be clear.
· We will share a pack of official campaign communications materials with you shortly. The LGA will also be sharing this directly with council communications teams. You can use these to support your local Brexit communications.
|· On Tuesday 3 September, the Secretary of State chaired another meeting of the Brexit Local Government Delivery Board. Attendees from sector organisations like the Local Government Association received updates from Ministers from the Home Office, the Department for Education and the Department for Transport.
· All councils have now nominated a Brexit Lead Officer. We have now contacted all of these Officers and will continue to share information via this channel and through the network of nine Chief Executives.
Launch of the Brexit readiness fund for business organisations
|· Last week, Business Secretary Andrea Leadsom today unveiled a £10 million grant scheme for business organisations and trade associations to support businesses in preparing for Brexit ahead of 31 October 2019.
· The Business Readiness Fund is open to business organisations and trade associations throughout the UK.
· The funding will support events, training and the production of advice packs to assist businesses in making sure they are fully prepared for a Brexit on 31 October.
· Applications for grants will be accepted up to Monday 30 September 2019 and administered through the dedicated website: https://www.gov.uk/brexit-business-grants.
Information and guidance
On Monday 23 September 11:00-12:00 the Secretary of State Rt Hon Robert Jenrick will host his second conference call with over 300 council Leaders, Chief Executives and Brexit Lead Officers to discuss Brexit preparations.
Please sign up using the following link:
The Home Office is running a series of teleconferences for front line staff who support Looked After Children and care leavers to provide further information about the EU Settlement Scheme. They will take place on the following dates:
|· 25 September 2019 1200-1300
· 22 October 2019 1200-1300
· 19 November 2019 1200-1300
· 18 December 2019 1200-1300
· 21 January 2020 1200-1300
· 18 February 2020 1200-1300
· 24 March 2020 1200-1300
Please email EUSSsupportmodel@homeoffice.gov.uk to book a place.
The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, in partnership with Seafish and the Marine Management Organisation, is hosting a series of events across England to help seafood traders, processors and businesses understand the changes that lie ahead and what they can do to prepare for Brexit.
The events are open to any individuals or businesses involved in processing and trading fish and seafood with the EU; please share these with your local networks.
These are being held on:
• 11th September – Grimsby
• 12th September – Scarborough
• 26th September – Fleetwood
• 4th October – London
Spaces are still available via Eventbrite here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/helping-the-uk-seafood-sector-be-ready-for-brexit-tickets-69198048225
We welcome any feedback you may have. To get in touch with your comments or suggestions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also contact email@example.com if you would like to unsubscribe from this bulletin.
A consolidated list of guidance for local authorities is available: