A revised Agenda has been issued for the June 2019 Hollingbourne Parish Council Meeting on Monday 10th at 7.30pm in the Cardwell Pavilion. All are invited to attend.
The Agenda has been revised to include a short presentation from Mr Christopher Rudgard on the future of the Village Shop in Eyhorne Street which is the last retail outlet in Hollingbourne with the exception of the neighbouring Rock, Paper, and Scissors Barbers. Mr Rudgard has previously indicated that he wishes to retire at some point with the result that the shop may have to close. If this happened the nearest shops would be some miles away in Bearsted and Harrietsham which would be a major inconvenience to local residents including some elderly ones who rely on Mr Rudgard.
Additionally Mr Derek Davison of the Leeds and Hollingbourne Branch of the Royal British Legion wishes to speak about the recent report in the Kent Messenger about the spelling of one of the names on the Village War Memorial and on the Roll of Honour in All Saints’ Church, Hollingbourne. UPDATE on 10th June – In the absence of Mr Davison who was unable to attend for urgent family reasons the matter was considered and may be again at the July meeting.
Please see below for the revised Agenda and the article in the Kent Messenger.
Hollingbourne Parish Council
Parish Council Meeting
To be held on Monday, 10th June 2019
in the Cardwell Pavilion, Hollingbourne, at 7.30 pm.
This is a public meeting and all residents and representatives of the media are welcome to attend.
There will be a 10 minute interval before the meeting to allow members of the public to speak.
01. Apologies for Absence
02. a) Declaration of Changes to the Register of Interests; b) Declaration of Interest in items on the Agenda & c) Requests for Dispensations
03. Approval of Minutes of previous meetings (Circulated prior to meeting)
04. Matters Arising (not covered elsewhere on the agenda)
05. Christopher’s Village Shop (its future) – Mr C Rudgard
06. War Memorial – Mr D Davison / Councillors (discrepancy on War Hero’s name on War Memorial and at the Church).
07. Police Report – PCSO Daniel Genn (10 mins)
08. Chairman’s report – Cllr A Ward
09. White Post at the top of Hollingbourne Hill – Cllr D Ardley
10. Clerk’s Report – (update on end of year accounts – including their placement in the public domain, Parish Council website, E-Safety for Parish Council (contact email) & Cardwell interior decorating, maintenance and security)
11. Defibrillators – Cllr A Marshall
12. County Councillor’s Report – Cllr Mrs S Prendergast
13. Borough Councillor’s Report – Cllr Patrik Garten
14. Planning Committee Report – Cllr Catherine O’Meara
15. Environmental / Parks Committee Report – Cllr Dr S Bauer / Cllr A Marshall / Cllr A Ward (including update on Millennium pond works)
16. Finance Committee Report – Cllr J Cobbett
17. Highways and Infrastructure Committee Report – (including parking in passing points along Pilgrim’s Way / Broad Street, Upper Street traffic issues, Speed Watch & Motorway works) – Cllr D Ardley/Cllr C O’Meara
18. Fete Sub-Committee Report – Cllr D Ardley
19. Twinning Sub-Committee Report – Cllr J Cobbett
20. Website (maintaining its future optimum quality) – Cllr J Cobbett
21. Items for Information
Date of Next Meeting: 8th July 2019