Kent County Council Public Protection have received multiple reports of Kent residents being sent letters pretending to be from the People’s Postcode Lottery.
HOW THIS SCAM WORKS
- Your receive a letter from People’s Postcode Lottery
- It says you have won £375,000
- To claim the money you must ring a telephone number and give your bank account details
- PROTECT YOURSELF
- Do not respond to this scam
- You must enter the People’s Postcode Lottery in order to win it
- People’s Postcode Lottery will see you in person if you win the big Street Prize
REMEMBER Legitimate lotteries don’t ask you to pay taxes, custom fees, insurance shipping, handling fees etc before you can receive your ‘winnings’
Please warn vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours.