Hollingbourne Parish Council has received information about a Kent survey on low emissions. Please Read More for further information.
Kent and Medway have just launched a consultation on a draft Energy and Low Emissions Strategy.
The draft strategy describes how Kent and Medway councils and their partners will reduce greenhouse gas emissions, tackle poor air quality and ensure the county benefits from a competitive, innovative and resilient low carbon economy.
The draft Strategy focuses on the actions that need to be delivered in partnership across the public sector; joining up the local activity within Kent and Medway that is being undertaken by councils officers, health professionals, and schools to influence and work with energy and transport providers, housing developers, landlords and other private sector organisations to achieve benefits for everyone. The draft strategy identifies actions that will:
• improve the quality of the air we breathe
• reduce household energy bills
• take action on climate change and reduce greenhouse gas emissions to net-zero by 2050
• promote sustainable, low carbon transport, walking and cycling
• support economic growth and technological innovation
• promote and develop affordable, clean and secure energy
• bring wider health and environmental benefits to communities, residents and visitors.
The draft strategy and consultation questionnaire can be accessed online until 23rd September. Please click on the link to have your say: www.kent.gov.uk/energyandlowemissionsconsultation.